Saturday, June 06, 2009

Quadruple Your Savings! Step by Step

My friend, Buffy, has taught me a lot about saving with coupons, and I always thank her when I find great deals. (If not in person, always in my mind.)

One thing that I've been a little slow on, is getting set up with something she told me about called Cellfire. I THINK this is for Kroger stores only. I'll explain what it does, then show you step-by-step how to make it work for you. Keep in mind, I've been trying to do this for weeks!

Kroger has a website where you can load listed coupons electronically onto your Kroger store card. Then when you purchase that item, it automatically gives you credit at check out. You can still use your coupon and get double through 99 cents - or triple through 50 cents this week. Items with a coupon for more than 50 cents will simply double as usual this week, plus the addition of Cellfire if you'd added that item.

Okay, here's how it works.

With your Kroger card in hand, go to this link to register with cellfire. For some reason, you need to enter a cell phone number, your birth year, and the number from the back of your Kroger card. (They are free at the store if you don't have one.) Maybe I've made it too complicated, but this is how it worked for me.

Cellfire registration: https://www.cellfire.com/login.php?lo

The directions seem easy, but I, as usual, made it more difficult than I needed to!

You will need to add the number from the back of your Kroger card (no spaces), cell phone (xxx-xxx-xxxx), and year of birth, when asked.

After you are registered, go to Deals, and the weekly items that get extra credit should pop up. Click the ones you think you might buy (with coupons or not), and expect that amount of credit to show up on your receipt when you get that item at Kroger. (They do expire after awhile.)

For a test, I loaded Sargento (sp) cheese for 50 cents off. I had a paper coupon for that cheese also. And, it was also on sale at Kroger. When I bought the cheese, my paper coupon doubled (it was for more than 50 cents), and when I checked the receipt, the Cellfire 50 cents off was posted there also.

This week, you can do that with those tasty Betty Crocker Warm Delights (1-minute, single person, brownie) that cost $2.15 (not on sale). I used a 50 cent coupon that tripled to 1.50 off, then the deduction of 50 Cellfire cents and the total cost was 15 cents for my Warm Delight!

(I think the triple coupon deals end on Sunday.)

You can only load one Cellfire coupon for each item, so I have to go back to Kroger if I want to use Cellfire for the Warm Delights again.

Hope this helps make your shopping experience even more fun!
~Linda

HOME: http://goldencoupons.blogspot.com
E-mail: bestnurse@usa.com

No comments: