Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No Expired Coupons at Meijers!

I've complained several times because Meijer's is so picky about expired coupons. The two other grocery stores in town never even check and don't really care!

Today I found out why Meijer's always catches an expired coupon.
IT COMES UP ON THE CASHIER'S REGISTER!

Yep, I was doing the self check-out and was hoping a Cheerios coupon that expired on the 15th would go through. There it was. The "EXPIRED COUPON" message came up on the computer.

So, here it is for one and all. Take it to Kroger or Giant Eagle where they are happy to accept all your coupons.

I am reminded of the famous verse inscribed on the Statue of Liberty when I think of all the hundreds of coupons in my coupon notebook. Laugh if you wish. I'm smiling!

"Bring your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Take Care on the Journey,
Your friend in life,
~Linda

No comments: